Friday, March 10, 2017

Spicy Hot Meat Loaf / Cobb Grill

This cook was done on my little Cobb Premier Grill.

 photo IMG_0225.jpg

Sure made a fine lunch. 

 photo IMG_0213.jpg

The ingredients were as follows:

About 1-1/2 lbs of hamburger
About 1 pound of my homemade hot and spicy Italian sausage
Diced onions
Diced bell peppers
Diced smoked red peppers
Egg
Salt & Pepper along with some SGH rub
Chili Sauce
French’s Crispy Dried Jalapeno Peppers for the filler

 photo IMG_0214.jpg

Made a pretty picture.... just before I mixed it all up for the pan.

 photo IMG_0215.jpg

Used the handle end of a wooden spoon to put several indentations in the top of the loaf to help hold more of the chili sauce. 

I applied peanut oil to my potatoes and then sprinkled on some sea salt and butcher cut black pepper and I was ready to put it all on the grill. 

 photo IMG_0218.jpg

Has some misting rain and a temp of about 35 degrees for the start of my cook.

 photo IMG_0219.jpg

The cook about done on the Cobb Grill.

 photo IMG_0223.jpg

Sliced the loaf into about 1/2” thick slices for sandwiches. 

 photo IMG_0224.jpg

Put a nice thick slice of my meat loaf on a sesame seed bun, added lettuce, tomato, and some horsey sauce. Wife did the potatoes with some cheese and sour cream with some chopped green onions. 

 photo IMG_0227.jpg


Was one great sandwich...will do this cook again.

No comments:

Post a Comment