Monday, May 21, 2018

The Ultimate Smoked Bloody Mary / Cobb Supreme

 photo IMG_1506.jpg

This was a fun cook to put together and was done in two phases on the Cobb Supreme charcoal grill.

 photo IMG_1508.jpg

Sure makes a nice presentation.

 photo IMG_1509.jpg

A fellow needs a little snack or two to go with his drink.

 photo IMG_1507.jpg

I always make some extra bacon for these drinks.

 photo S2EDSC00062.jpg

How I infuse the Vodka that is used in my Smoked Bloody Mary drinks.

 photo IMG_1484.jpg

On the bottom is a 9X13 dish the is used to catch the smoked water from the ice which will be frozen again for the drinks. On top is the pan of salt and I also mixed in some rub and this is used on the rim of the glass. The cheese I will be smoking is sharp cheddar.

 photo IMG_1487.jpg

I used 3 all hardwood briquets and a chunk of hickory for this first phase of the smoke. I must keep the temperature inside the cooker under 90F degrees and a small fire is a must along with the ice which will also help with the temperature.

 photo IMG_1489.jpg

The cheese, smoked ice, and the smoked salt and rub starting out early this morning.

 photo IMG_1492.jpg

I started the cook very early in the morning when the ambient temperature is the lowest for the day.

 photo IMG_1493.jpg

The first phase of the cook about done.

 photo IMG_1497.jpg

As soon as my first phase was done, I poured my smoked water into ice cube trays for my drinks and put them into the freezer.

 photo IMG_1494.jpg

I cut my large Roma tomatoes into 4 pieces each. I then sprinkled on my rub and some salt and pepper.

 photo IMG_1496.jpg

Along with my tomatoes, I used some country style thick cut bacon. Ready to carry it outside and place it on my hot Cobb Supreme.

 photo IMG_1500.jpg

I refired the cooker with about 14 all hardwood briquets and added some smoke wood and my second phase was on the way.

 photo IMG_1501.jpg

My bacon is done but the tomatoes need a little more time.

 photo IMG_1503.jpg

Tomatoes done on the Cobb Supreme.

 photo IMG_1504.jpg

I removed the skin and the core out of the tomatoes and placed them into the blender. I then added the balance of my recipe to the blender which included tomato juice, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Pulsed the blender a few time and then put the drinks together.

 photo IMG_1505.jpg

I refroze my infused smoked water in a couple of ice trays a few hours before I made up my treat. I started by using some lemon juice on the rim of the glass and the dipping the rim in my salt and rub mixture.


Sure was a fine drink and a great appetizer.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read lots of information before and I find this the most informative of them.
    Craigs Yard Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to facilitate efficient financial management and company stability,Bookkeeping Services Dubai accounting companies in the UAE additionally deal with cash flow requirements, bankruptcy and its avoidance, budget planning, and forecasting.

    ReplyDelete