Saturday, April 6, 2013

Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting

Saw a picture of this slick treat on the Web and just had to give it a go. It had a recipe and method with it but I decided to use my own recipe and method to keep it simple. 

 photo DSC01570.jpg

I mixed up a pound of burger and a pound of hot sausage. I then added an egg, some chopped onions and bell peppers along with some crackers. 

 photo DSC01571.jpg

I put the meat into the muffin tin.

 photo DSC01572.jpg

I used the end of a wooden spoon to open a couple of holes about a 1/2” deep in each piece and poured in a little catsup. It is now ready for the cooker.

I also took a head of Romaine lettuce and split it in half and drizzled on some olive oil, added some sea salt, some garlic powder, and some fresh ground black pepper. 


 photo DSC01576.jpg

This cook followed a Hot Beef Strip cook running at 150 degrees so after I got the meat off for that cook, I raised the temp on the Green Mountain grill up to 350 degrees for this cook and loaded the meatloaf and lettuce. The lettuce is loaded cut side down. 

 photo DSC01575.jpg

Romaine lettuce done with this method is just KILLER!! 

 photo DSC01577.jpg

Cooked for just a short time until I started getting some char and then turned over. Next step is to add some shredded Parmesan cheese. 

 photo DSC01578.jpg

Looked good coming off the grill. 

 photo DSC01581.jpg

My meatloaf cupcakes just off the cooker and out of the muffin tin.

I fried up some bacon for the top of both treats and then heated up some mashed potatoes and placed them into a ziplock bag and cut the end off a corner so I could use it like a pastry bag. 


 photo DSC01582.jpg

I piped the mashed potatoes onto top of the cupcakes and added some bacon bits. I also added some bacon bits to the lettuce. 

 photo DSC01583.jpg

 photo DSC01584.jpg

Made for a nice presentation and also a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment