Sunday, February 22, 2015

Whole Meal on the Davy Crockett Pellet Cooker

I started out this cook with the dessert which was to be some Pineapple Upside Down Mini-Cakes. 

 photo DSC02673.jpg

I always end up with too much batter with this recipe so I used the extra as a small pound cake.

Got the GMG Davy Crockett out of the garage and rolled it around to my cooking patio and fired it up. Kinda cold and windy this morning with the ambient at 23 degrees so I slowly brought the temperature up to about 350 degrees measured on the cooking grid and loaded up the two desserts.


 photo DSC02675.jpg

While this was baking, I made up my Mashed Potato Puffs and some real old fashioned corn bread made with no sugar, very little flour, and buttermilk for the liquid in the batter.  

 photo DSC02674.jpg

I pulled my desserts after about 15 minutes on the cooker and raised the temp to about 400 degrees for the balance of my baking. 

 photo DSC02677.jpg

My Pineapple Mini-Cakes just off the cooker.

 photo DSC02680.jpg

 photo DSC02681.jpg

My Potato Puffs and Real Cornbread baked for about 30-35 minutes until they were done. 

 photo DSC02683.jpg

 photo DSC02685.jpg

 photo DSC02682.jpg

The baking came out quite well and looked good.

With the baking done, I lowered the temp to about 300 degrees measured on the cooking grid for my meat. 


 photo DSC02679.jpg

I have four of what I call real Country Ribs that are cut from the small end of the rib loin. They are NOT cut out of a shoulder or butt and are very lean. I sprinkled on a light coat of SGH rub and then loaded them into the grill. 

 photo DSC02686.jpg

About 30 minutes into the cook, I glazed the ribs with my sauce and then pulled them at about 50 minutes with an internal temp of about 145 degrees. 

 photo DSC02687.jpg

Added a tossed salad with some poppy seed dressing, a dollop of sour cream on my potato puff, and a dip of ice cream for my dessert and I had a fine meal. 

 photo DSC02688.jpg

 photo DSC02689.jpg

 photo DSC02690.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment