Thursday, January 12, 2017

Roast Beef on the Cobb Rotisserie

This roast beef cook was done on my Cobb Grill in my rotisserie setup.

 photo DSC03951.jpg

 photo DSC03952.jpg

I started with a USDA Choice beef bottom round roast which weighed 2.68 pounds. Trimmed it of some excess fat and then brushed on a light coat of peanut oil for a sticker. Sprinkled on a generous amount of garlic salt and some butcher cut black pepper and then mounted it into my rotisserie setup.

 photo DSC03954.jpg

Another kinda cold morning with a temperature of 19 degrees at the start of the cook and I got it all going just after daylight. Used the Cobb larger charcoal basket and loaded a  large load of briquets (17) as I wanted a higher temp cook for this treat.

 photo DSC03955.jpg

My roast about done on the cooker.

 photo IMG_0177.jpg

My roast was done in one hour with an internal of 130 degrees and I took it off of the cooker. I wrapped in foil and let it rest for about an hour. 

 photo IMG_0179.jpg

Put the roast thru my slicer and it was now ready for some sandwiches. 

 photo IMG_0180.jpg

Piled on a generous amount of my roast beef on my bun, added a couple slices of Swiss cheese, and then added some horsey sauce and my sandwich was about ready. 

 photo IMG_0184.jpg

 photo IMG_0189.jpg

Sure made a great lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment