Sunday, July 30, 2017

1/2 Pound Smash Burger on the Weber Performer

 photo IMG_0655.jpg

Why not start with a picture? Doesn’t that look good enough to eat?

 photo IMG_0640.jpg

I started with a pound of ground chuck, some hot dogs, and a couple of nice sized onion buns. I also got my condiment plate ready with some onions, tomato slices, shredded lettuce, and sliced cheese. 

 photo IMG_0641.jpg

I used my Weber Performer with a Stainless Steel charcoal basket that matches my Weber griddle in size. I used lump charcoal for this high temperature cook. 

 photo IMG_0643.jpg

Toasted the buns first.

 photo IMG_0645.jpg

Next up were the onions and hot peppers.

 photo IMG_0646.jpg

Did some dogs for the Bride.

 photo IMG_0647.jpg

And now for the smash burgers. My griddle settled in at about 575 degrees so this was perfect for my burgers. 

 photo IMG_0649.jpg

First two smash burgers ready to come off of the griddle. 

 photo IMG_0650.jpg

I then did two smash burgers with cheese. 

 photo IMG_0651.jpg

The results of my cook.

 photo IMG_0652.jpg

 photo IMG_0653.jpg

I used one plain and one cheese smash burger for each sandwich. 


All I can say is “Five Guys” eat your heart out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment