Sunday, July 30, 2017

Philly Cheese Steaks Sloppy Joes

I saw this recipe on one of the bbq forums using a gas griddle and decided to try to adapt it to my Cobb Grill using the wok or Stainless Steel Frying Pan. 

 photo IMG_0623.jpg

The Ingredients are as follows:

1 pound ground beef
Tbl butter
1 small yellow onion diced
1 small green pepper diced
Some smoked red bell pepper
Few oz. of diced mushrooms
2 Tbl ketchup
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbl cornstarch
1 cup beef broth
8 oz. Provolone cheese chopped
Buns of your choice

 photo IMG_0624.jpg

I like to toast my buns for most sandwiches.

 photo IMG_0627.jpg

I melted a little butter and then added my ground beef, the onions, and the bell peppers and cooked until done. I then removed the grease and got ready for the next step.

 photo IMG_0631.jpg

Used the lid for this cook and it worked well.


 photo IMG_0629.jpg

At this point, I added the balance of the ingredients and cooked it down slightly.

 photo IMG_0630.jpg

My cheese went into the dish next. I also took the pan off of the grill as I didn't want to burn any of the cheese.

 photo IMG_0632.jpg

Just off of the Cobb Grill and ready for serving. It came out with a little more juice than I wanted so I will cut that back a little on my next cook.

 photo IMG_0634.jpg

Served with some chips and cheese and some sliced tomatoes.

 photo IMG_0635.jpg

I did add some hot peppers to my sandwich.

 photo IMG_0636.jpg

Made a nice lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment