Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Peppered Beef on the Cobb Grill

I did this cook on the Cobb Grill and it came out well although it did take longer than I expected to get the beef done enough to pull like a pork butt. 


Ingredients:

2-1/2 pound chuck roast
1 medium bell pepper
1 medium red onion
1/2 jar sliced smoked red peppers
2-3 jalapenos sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic minced
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
Salt, pepper, granulated garlic
About 12 oz of beef broth, water, or wine, or beer, or your favorite liquid for beef. I made up some beef broth for this cook.
Small can of sliced mushrooms
Swiss cheese

Horseradish 


 photo IMG_0669.jpg

I prepped my 2-1/2 pound chuck roast with some Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, and butcher cut black pepper. I also placed a probe in it as I needed to keep track of the internal temperature as I wanted it off of the cooker at about 170F internal for this first part of the cook. 

 photo IMG_0670.jpg

I started with about 19-20 all hardwood briquets and had to add twice during this slightly over 4 hour cook at a fairly high temperature. The first time, I added 4 more briquets and the second time I added 5 more briquets.

 photo IMG_0671.jpg

The meat going on the Cobb and this part of the cook took about 2 hours.

 photo IMG_0672.jpg

My pepper mixture consists of green bell pepper, red smoked bell pepper, jalapeƱo peppers, red onions, a few cloves of garlic, Worcestershire sauce, about 12 oz beef broth with some "Better Than Beef" broth seasoning.

 photo IMG_0675.jpg

Had a couple off showers during the cook and I had to rescue my transmitter by placing it into a freezer bag to keep it dry.

 photo IMG_0676.jpg

The chuck roast ready to come off with an internal of about 170 degrees.

 photo IMG_0677.jpg

The roast beef and peppers just going on the Cobb after the first part of the cook.

 photo IMG_0679.jpg

After the meat was about done on the first step of this cook, it went into the pan with the peppers. It was in with the veggies for about 2 hours and 10 minutes or until I had an internal of about 212F degrees. It does need to go to this higher temp so it can be pulled like a pork butt.

 photo IMG_0681.jpg

The meat pulled perfectly and has a nice smoke ring.

 photo IMG_0682.jpg

I pulled the beef and mixed it back in with the peppers.

 photo IMG_0684.jpg

Sandwich was made with a generous portion of the peppered beef, two slices of Swiss cheese, mayo, and some horseradish. Served with some chips, tomato slices, and a deviled egg.

 photo IMG_0687.jpg


Another nice lunch off of the Cobb Grill. We also love this treat over pasta or brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment