Sunday, July 9, 2017

Grilled Fruit and Veggies on the Cobb Grill

I did this cook on the Cobb Grill using 21 all hardwood briquets a few days ago and it came out quite well. 

 photo IMG_0562.jpg

My grilled veggies and fruit consisted of the following:

Bell peppers
Jalapeno peppers 
Hot Hungarian wax peppers
Mushrooms
Sweet corn
Misc mixed small tomatoes
Red onions
Pineapple slices
Orange slices

This all went into a marinade for about three hours before the cook. 

 photo IMG_0570.jpg

I used Grill Grates with the smooth side up for this cook and let the grill get up to about 575 degrees before I started cooking my treat. 

 photo IMG_0571.jpg

I did the cook in batches and each batch took about 5-6 minutes in my very hot cooker.

 photo IMG_0572.jpg

All done on the table. 

 photo IMG_0573.jpg

I would never make a very good Vegan as I just have to have a little meat with my meals so I did a couple of brats for my lunch. 

 photo IMG_0579.jpg

 photo IMG_0581.jpg

I served this with some Bruschetta bread and my soon to be famous Veggie Dipping Sauce which I will share with the group. 

About 30% sour cream
About 20% standard Blues Hog BBQ sauce
About 50% Blues Hog Tennessee Red BBQ sauce

I sometimes add a little of my favorite rub to this recipe before I mix it up for serving. 


This stuff is absolute “killer” and I serve it as a dip or as in the cook above, I just dribbled it on my veggies before serving. And don’t forget, if you grill any fruit at all, it MUST have this sauce on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment