Monday, August 19, 2013

Roast Beef on the GMG Rotisserie

I did a couple of USDA Choice Angus Eye of Rounds on the rotisserie in my GMG Daniel Boone today and they came out great. 

 photo DSC01880.jpg

One roast weighed 2.57 pounds and the other came in at 2.95 pounds. After some trimming, I sprinkled on some garlic salt and then cracked on some fresh black pepper and mounted the roasts in my cage.

 photo DSC01882.jpg

I had the cooker running at about 170 degrees for smoke and I added the meat. Upped the temp about an hour later to 275 degrees to finish up my cook.

 photo DSC01883.jpg

The smaller roast on the left side got done  first at an internal temp of 120 degrees so I removed that roast. 

 photo DSC01884.jpg

Looked good.

 photo DSC01886.jpg

The second roast finished up about 25 minutes after the first one and I removed it from the cooker. 

 photo DSC01887.jpg

Gonna make some fine pit beef.

 photo DSC01888.jpg

Wrapped and rested both roasts about 90 minutes. 

 photo DSC01889.jpg

Put the roasts thru my slicer. 

 photo DSC01890.jpg

Made a nice pile of roast beef.

 photo DSC01892.jpg

Made up some horsey sauce and spread on my bun. Added a generous portion of the sliced roast beef to the sandwich and then added some cole slaw and veggies. 

 photo DSC01894.jpg

Coming along nicely.

 photo DSC01895.jpg

Made the Au Jus and added it to my meal.

 photo DSC01897.jpg

Dipped that first bite of the sandwich in the Au Jus and I was ready to eat. 












No comments:

Post a Comment