Sunday, April 19, 2015

Grilling on the Cobb Grill

Me and my bride were getting the itch for my “Not Yet Famous Coatesville Steak Hoagies” and decided to cook up a couple of ribeyes for this treat. Philly has its Philly Cheese Steaks, Chicago has its Italian Beefs and Old Dave does his version of a Steak Hoagie. 

 photo DSC02786.jpg

Jan prepped the 16oz ribeyes, three 1/3 pound burgers, and a sliced up can of Spam with some garlic salt and fresh ground black pepper.

 photo DSC02787.jpg

While she was prepping the meat, I got my little Cobb grill loaded up with that great Ozark Oak lump charcoal. I understand that this company has gone out of business. Sure glad I have a few bags left in storage. 

 photo DSC02788.jpg

Seared the steaks and cooked them to medium rare.

 photo DSC02789.jpg

Did the burgers next and took them off at 155 internal. 

 photo DSC02790.jpg

Cooked the Spam last and it came out looking good. 

 photo DSC02792.jpg

We decided to eat a couple of the burgers so I grilled up a couple of onion buns. 

 photo DSC02796.jpg

 photo DSC02795.jpg

The meat looked great and sure smelled good.

 photo DSC02797.jpg

 photo DSC02798.jpg

We made up a couple of bacon mushroom cheeseburgers and it made a fine lunch. 

 photo DSC00833.jpg

I plan to slice the steak into thin slices for my Steak Hoagies. Should be enough meat for four sandwiches. The picture is from a previous cook of this wonderful treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment