Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hot 'N Fast Pork Butts / Weber Performer

This cook was done on my Gen 2 Weber Performer running the Slow ‘N Sear charcoal accessory. The temperature used was about 325-340 degrees measured on the cooking grid. 

 photo DSC03666.jpg

 photo DSC03668.jpg

The two  butts were pretty large and weighed a total of19.4 pounds. I trimmed the fat off of the fat side and then cut each butt into two pieces. This will give me about 25% more surface area for bark and also cut the cooking time down as the pieces are smaller. 
The butts were then injected with Chris Lilly’s 6 time World Champion pork injection and then rubbed with SGH rub. 

 photo DSC03670.jpg

Ready to go on the kettle

 photo DSC03671.jpg

 photo DSC03672.jpg

I believe I had a full load on the Performer!

 photo DSC03673.jpg

Got this cook started about daylight this morning and hoping to get the cook done by about noon before it gets too hot.

 photo DSC03676.jpg

Cooked the butts for about 2hours and 45 minutes and then wrapped them with some Stubb’s Pork Marinade and placed them back on the grill. 

 photo DSC03677.jpg

After a little over three more hours, I started getting the butts off of the cooker. The total cooking time was 6.2 hours.

 photo DSC03679.jpg

After a rest period, I unwrapped the meat and got it ready to pull. 

 photo DSC03680.jpg

 photo DSC03681.jpg

 photo DSC03682.jpg


The results of my cook...

No comments:

Post a Comment