Sunday, September 17, 2017

More Pizza on the Cobb Grill

 photo IMG_0814.jpg

Baking on the Cobb Grill has been somewhat of a challenge to be able to get the top of anything cooked or baked before the bottom burns or overcooks to where it is not fit to eat. Just about got the problems solved and this is some pizza I have done a couple of days ago that came out quite well. 

This is one of the four I cooked in a row on the Cobb Grill and some of the comments I made after the cook. 

Added a few slices of jalapeƱo peppers and sprinkled on some parmesan cheese and my meal was ready.

 photo IMG_0791.jpg

I started by making up about two pounds of pizza dough for my four pizza's. The ingredients for the pizza's are as follows and I really loaded them up!

My homemade very spicy Italian sausage
Pepperoni
Onions
Bell Peppers
Smoked Red Peppers
Mushrooms
Mozzarella cheese
Pizza Sauce

 photo IMG_0792.jpg

Ready to go on the Cobb.

 photo IMG_0793.jpg

A couple more ready to be baked.

 photo IMG_0796.jpg

I used the larger charcoal basket that comes with the Cobb BBQ Kit. I loaded 22 all hardwood briquets into my Weber charcoal chimney and as soon as they were ready, I poured them into the Cobb grill.

 photo IMG_0800.jpg

I used the dome extension and the cooking grate that comes with the Cobb BBQ Kit and then also the roast rack and a 8-1/2" in diameter hearth stone for this bake. This IS the hot ticket for baking bread and pizza on the Cobb Grill.

 photo IMG_0804.jpg

I measured the hearth stone at the beginning of the cook with an IR thermometer and found it at about 410F degrees. I also measured the temperature at the top of the dome lid and it was running about 335-365F during the bake. While these numbers are not perfect, they are close enough to allow a fellow to make and bake a few nice pizza’s or a few loaves of hearth bread. 

 photo IMG_0806.jpg

One of the four pizza's about ready to come off of the cooker.

 photo IMG_0809.jpg

All four of the pizza’s done on this bake.

 photo IMG_0810.jpg

Ready to be cut and served.

 photo IMG_0815.jpg


About as good of a pizza you can make on any outside grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment