Sunday, September 17, 2017

SOS "nuff said" on the Cobb Grill

 photo IMG_0789.jpg

This was my breakfast cook and bake this morning on the Cobb Grill.

 photo IMG_0768.jpg

I started with the larger charcoal basket and added 18 all hardwood briquets to my small Weber charcoal chimney and when ready, poured into the Cobb Grill. 

 photo IMG_0770.jpg

I placed my rolls or biscuits into a pan and placed them on the Cobb using my prototype cooking grid which I had on a raised dome extender to get the fire a little farther away from the biscuits. This worked out quite well and the biscuits took about 35 minutes to bake. 

 photo IMG_0773.jpg

Changed the cooker over to the wok or frying dish and then added 5 more hardwood briquets for this part of the cook. Used about 4-5 oz of breakfast sausage for this part of my treat. 

 photo IMG_0777.jpg

Took the sausage out of the pan and I didn’t have enough grease left so I added some bacon fat to make up the difference. Added the flour and when it was ready, I added the milk. 

 photo IMG_0778.jpg

Brought it up to a boil stirring often and then took it off when the consistency was right. 

 photo IMG_0771.jpg

I was also using a skillet lid for the sausage and gravy part of the cook. 

 photo IMG_0781.jpg

The results of my cook ready to be plated.

 photo IMG_0790.jpg


A fellow just gotta love starting the day with a plateful of this delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment