Friday, May 10, 2013

Complete Cobb Grilled Meal

This whole meal was done in a Cobb Grill which is a very small portable grill that is great for a RVing or tailgating.

 photo DSC01603.jpg

This cook consisted of a little over 2 pound pork loin roast along with some veggies. The loin roast was marinated overnight and then I applied some garlic salt and some fresh ground black pepper just before it went on the cooker. 

 photo DSC01589.jpg

The veggies were a couple of potatoes, some cut up bell peppers, celery, and carrots. 

 photo DSC01590.jpg

I made up 2 foil packets of the veggies and with butter. 

 photo DSC01592.jpg

I did the same with the potatoes along with some butter. 

 photo DSC01591.jpg

I also made up 2 medium onions with butter and bouillon cubes and then wrapped in foil.

 photo DSC01593.jpg

I figured I would need about a 2 hour fire so I loaded the firebox with 11 brickettes which will be enough for the whole meal. 

 photo DSC01594.jpg

I carefully loaded my 2 potato packs and then my 2 veggie packs along side my charcoal fire. Next step was to place a wild cherry chip packet right on top of the brickettes for my smoke. 

 photo DSC01595.jpg

Placed the grid and rack on the cooker and loaded my pork loin roast and then my 2 grilled onion packets. 

 photo DSC01598.jpg

I just let it run for about 90 minutes and checked the pork and found it at 136 degrees so I pulled it off the cooker and then closed it up again for 30 more minutes and then pulled the balance of the cook. 

 photo DSC01599.jpg

Unwrapped the veggies and plated them up. Sure looked good.

 photo DSC01600.jpg

Pork loin roast just off the cooker. 

 photo DSC01601.jpg

As served.

 photo DSC01602.jpg

Made for a nice Easter meal and was sure simple to cook on the Cobb Grill with only 11 charcoal brickettes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment