Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Beef and Beans Meatloaf / Cobb Grill

This treat is  from “The Barbecue Pit Boys” season 11 recent episode on their show. I have cut it down to a more reasonable amount for our use as we really don’t need a 5+ pound meatloaf. 

 photo DSC03090.jpg

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
9 oz Chorizo sausage
8 oz refried beans
1 egg
2 TBL finely diced bell pepper
2 TBL finely diced poblano pepper
2 TBL finely diced onion
6-7 oz can of diced tomatoes with chilies
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
handful of crushed corn chips

option 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or one diced up hot pepper or both


 photo DSC03092.jpg

I was hoping this would fit into a 2 pound loaf pan as it was the largest pan I had that would fit into my little cooker. I guess I will need to find another pan to fit the recipe and the cooker.

The baking potatoes were prepped with peanut oil, garlic salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. 


 photo DSC03093.jpg

Fired the Cobb Grill up with 12 Stubb’s briquets and after they were ashed over, I loaded my meatloaf and potatoes. 

 photo DSC03095.jpg

Cooked the meatloaf to about 165 internal and pulled it off the cooker. Wrapped it in foil and let it cool for about 20 minutes. 

 photo DSC03096.jpg

 photo DSC03097.jpg

This meatloaf is “money”. It is really good although it came out a little crumbly...I think I added too many corn chips. We both loved it and will definitely make it again.

 photo DSC03098.jpg

 photo DSC03099.jpg

Jan came up with another use for this wonderful treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment