Friday, March 11, 2016

Nashville Style Hot Wings

There is a new recipe out there on many recipe and forum web sites for this great sounding treat.

It is a deep fried hot wing and the three pound recipe calls for an overnight buttermilk soak, a 1/2 cup of ground cayenne pepper as the first ingredient in the rub, and a sauce that starts with a 1/2 cup of lard.

Now, that probably doesn’t sound very good to a “normal” person but for me as a chili head it looked great and I couldn’t hardly wait to try it.

Anyway, I did this recipe and followed all the directions and this is what it looked like.

 photo DSC03456.jpg

 photo DSC03457.jpg

 photo DSC03458.jpg

These came out looking great but were so hot that a fellow couldn’t really taste anything other than the cayenne heat and it was overbearing with heat. If a fellow wanted just pure heat, this would work. I think my smoked hot wing is better and don’t think I will be making any more of this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment