Friday, March 11, 2016

Steak & Pork Burger on the Davy Crockett Grill

The first part of this cook was done on the Davy Crockett pellet cooker with my cast iron grilling insert and using a grid temp of about 450 degrees.

 photo DSC03446.jpg

Ribeye was trimmed up a little and then rubbed with one of my steak rubs and then left out on the counter top to warm up for about 45 minutes.

 photo DSC03447.jpg

Steak was on the grill for about 7 minutes total and this resulted in a nice medium rare cook.

 photo DSC03448.jpg

Came out looking pretty nice and sure smelled good.

Dropped the temperature on the Davy Crocket grill to about 350 degrees, removed my grilling insert, and added a round cast iron griddle for my pork burgers.

 photo DSC03450.jpg

I formed up 4 patties of my homemade pork burger and then added some simple SPG rub and they were ready for the fire.

Placed my four (6 oz each) pork burgers on the cast iron griddle and cooked them until done.

 photo DSC03451.jpg

 photo DSC03455.jpg

Sure made a nice lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment