Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Meat Loaf & Baked Potatoes in the Cobb Supreme Grill

This cook and smoke was done on the Cobb Supreme Grill which is their largest Stainless Steel grill.

 photo IMG_1343.jpg

I served the meatloaf and potatoes with some broccoli with cheese sauce and a piece of garlic bun. I even got a pretty nice smoke ring on the meatloaf.

 photo IMG_1329.jpg

The ingredients for this meatloaf were about 2 pounds of fatty hamburger and a pound of zesty hot pork sausage. To that I added some chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, some crackers, a little catsup and a couple of eggs.

 photo IMG_1330.jpg

Ready to be mixed up and formed into a loaf.

 photo IMG_1332.jpg

I formed my meatloaf on a pizza screen as I didn't want to use a pan of any kind as I wanted as much smoke to get to the meat as possible. The potatoes were rubbed with peanut oil and I sprinkled on a good rub for some additional flavor.

 photo IMG_1333.jpg

I started with about 18 all hardwood briquets and then added some hickory pieces for my smoke wood. I do like smoke flavor on my meatloaf.

 photo IMG_1326.jpg

I planned to operate the cooker at about 225-250F degrees so I blocked off 4 of the exhaust holes to make it easy to control the cooker where I wanted it. It operated like a dream although I did have to add 7 more briquets to get the cook done.

 photo IMG_1335.jpg

My cook going on the cooker..notice all the smoke.

 photo IMG_1337.jpg

Was a cool morning with the ambient temperature at about 28F degrees. Just a great morning to do a cook.

 photo IMG_1338.jpg

Ready to come off of my Cobb Supreme. I took the meatloaf to 165F internal and pulled it off of the cooker. The cook took about 1 hour and 45 minutes and I ran a temperature of about 215F to about 265F during the cook.

 photo IMG_1341.jpg

The first few slices off of my 3 pound meatloaf.

 photo IMG_1344.jpg

I think that is a nice looking slice of meatloaf.

 photo IMG_1345.jpg

Sure made a nice lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment